My Dog Drank Jeyes Fluid What Should I Do?
Most of us like to keep things in and around the house nice and clean. It’s common to use a wide range of disinfectants to keep the family healthy. But what about Jeyes fluid? Do you use Jeyes fluid regularly? Is this fluid safe to use around dogs? What happens if a dog drinks Jeyes fluid?
Has your dog drunk Jeyes fluid? Are you worried the fluid will make your dog sick? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. We understand it can be scary when your dog drinks something like this.
In this article, we’ve put together some information about Jeyes fluid and whether it can make a dog sick. Let’s get started!
What is Jeyes Fluid?
Jeyes Fluid is a liquid disinfectant that’s safe for external use. It’s a trusted product, which has been around since 1877! It was once used as a medical treatment, though the product is no longer used in this way.Check Price on Amazon
Jeyes Fluid contains the following ingredients:
- Non-ionic surfactants
- Perfume (limonene)
- Alkyl (C-12-16) Dimethylbenzyl ammonium chloride
- Formic acid
The product is advertised as being safe to clean paths, patios, driveways, pet housing, and to unblock drains. The company says Jeyes Fluid kills up to 99.9T of bacteria and viruses, including the Covid-19 virus.
While Jeyes Fluid is safe when used as recommended, can it make a dog sick?
Jeyes Fluid & DogsCheck Price on Amazon
Jeyes Fluid can make a dog sick if he drinks it. In addition, the cleaning fluid can also get onto a dog’s paws if he walks through it. Some dogs will then lick the fluid off their paws, accidentally ingesting the liquid.
As with other household chemicals, Jeyes Fluid can cause skin irritation, breathing difficulties (if inhaled), toxicity if ingested, and other problems in dogs. So, it’s not recommended to use this product if you have a dog.
If your dog has drunk Jeyes Fluid, then call the vet immediately. Let them know what your dog drank and about how much of the liquid your canine companion has had.
We weren’t able to find specific symptoms related to dogs ingesting this cleaning product. However, it’s safe to say your dog could develop excessive drooling, abdominal pain, vomiting, and diarrhea. If your dog has drunk this product, then get him to the vet ASAP.
Prevention is the best medicine, so be sure to keep Jeyes Fluid and other household chemicals out of your dog’s reach!