My Dog Ate Yum Yum Sauce Will He Get Sick?
Have you ever heard of Yum Yum sauce? Do you use it at your home? This has become a very popular condiment in homes around the world!
But is it safe for your dog?
What is Yum Yum Sauce?
Yum Yum sauce is a type of sauce that comes from Japan. It’s used on a wide variety of meats, usually when cooked on the hibachi. However, some people use the sauce on other things. We even found a comment that said the family used it on hot dogs and almost everything!
This creamy orange, somewhat pinkish sauce is usually served up at a Japanese steakhouse, or at home. Many people consider this a classic when eating a hibachi meal. You can use it to drizzle over meat, or as a dipping sauce.
Yum Yum sauce contains the following ingredients:
- Soybean oil
- Corn syrup
- Egg yolks
- Distilled vinegar
- Mustard seed
- Dehydrated garlic
- Hot sauce (peppers, vinegar, salt, xanthan gum)
- Tomato paste
- Natural and artificial flavors
- White pepper
While many pet parents enjoy this sauce, is it safe for dogs?
Yum Yum Sauce Not Recommended for Dogs
While researching this article, we didn’t come across any specific information saying this sauce isn’t safe for dogs. However, when you look at the ingredients in the sauce, you can see there’s one ingredient that is toxic to dogs. This is garlic. Mustard seed is also toxic to dogs.
Other ingredients in the sauce are also not recommended for dogs including peppers and paprika. In addition, the sauce contains preservatives, which are never good for dogs. These can cause digestive tract issues.
For these reasons, it’s best to not give your dog any food that has Yum Yum sauce on it. Instead, just give him a plain piece of meat. This is much safer and healthier for him.
What to Do If Your Dog Eats Yum Yum Sauce
If your dog has one lick of the sauce, he should be OK. However, if he has more, then it’s probably a good idea to call the vet right away.
Your dog could develop nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, along with excessive drooling. In this case, it’s best to call the vet just to be on the safe side.
In the future, be sue to keep this where your can’t get at it. And avoid serving him any veggies or meat with the sauce. It’s much healthier and safer to let him enjoy these treats without anything on them! He’ll snarf them down and be happy without the sauce!