My Dog Ate Ridex What Should I Do?
Septic systems are very popular in rural areas and other locations where it may not be possible to connect to the local sewer lines. Chances are, if you have a septic system, then you may be using a product such as Ridex. This is a safe product when used correctly; however, what happens if a dog eats Ridex?
Has your dog eaten some Ridex? Are you worried the Ridex will make your dog sick? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. We understand it can be scary when your dog eats something he shouldn’t.
In this article, we’ll take a look at Ridex and whether or not it can make your dog sick. Let’s get started!
What is Ridex?Check Price on Amazon
Ridex is a product that’s used to help maintain septic tank systems. A septic system is a type of underground wastewater treatment system. They use natural methods to treat wastewater from your home, which is produced by bathrooms, kitchens, and by doing laundry.
Septic tanks digest matter that’s organic from matter that floats. Some septic systems then let the liquid out through leach lines that are located under the dirt. Once in the dirt, nature takes over by dispersing the used water and filtering it. The filtering process helps to get rid of any harmful organisms that may be in the water. These include bacteria, viruses, and more.
Ridex is part of a healthy septic system. It’s made with billions of natural bacteria and enzymes that help to digest the harmful organisms found in home wastewater. Ridex works to keep a balance of beneficial bacteria and enzymes in the tank, which helps to keep the entire septic system in good shape and functioning correctly.
Boxes of Ridex usually include:
What happens if a dog eats Ridex?
Ridex & Dogs
Ridex is non-toxic to dogs; however, it’s possible that it could cause a dog to be sick if they ate a large helping of this product.
Symptoms of Ridex Ingestion in DogsCheck Price on Amazon
You may notice these symptoms if your dog has eaten Ridex:
- Eye/skin irritation
- Difficulty breathing (if inhaled)
- Mouth/throat irritation
- Upset stomach
If your dog is showing these symptoms, especially breathing difficulty, then it’s best to call the vet right away. They will have the best advice and guidance on what you need to do to help your dog.
While Ridex isn’t toxic, breathing difficulties can be serious. This is always a condition that should be checked and treated by the vet. The problem is that Ridex, when inhaled, could cause pneumonia or other lung issues.
So, it’s best to call the vet, even if your dog doesn’t seem seriously ill. Then you’ll know for sure what you need to do to help your dog!