My Dog Ate Quick-Eze Will He Get Sick?
Antiacids are a common medication found in many of our homes. They work to reduce and neutralize the amount of acid present at any time. This helps tackle painful issues such as heart burn, acid reflux, and more. A common antiacid many people use is called Quick-Eze.
But what happens if your dog eats Quick-Eze? Do you need to be worried?
What is Quick-Eze?Check Price on Amazon
Quick-Eze is a rapid-relief antiacid that works quickly to provide relief for heartburn and indigestion. It does this by neutralizing stomach acid very quickly. Heartburn and indigestion can be caused by a wide range of issues including pregnancy, lifestyle and even diet.
This heartburn remedy includes the following active ingredients:
- Calcium carbonate
- Magnesium carbonate
- Magnesium trisilicate
It comes in a peppermint flavor.
Can Quick-Eze be dangerous for your dog?
Quick-Eze and Dogs
If your dog happens to eat one or two Quick-Eze tablets, chances are he should be OK. Dogs are able to take human antacids (but only under the recommendation of a vet). In fact, vets sometime prescribe antiacids for dogs to help with upset stomach.
However, if your dog eats too much, there’s a chance he could develop digestive issues such as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. This shouldn’t last too long, and your dog should brighten up pretty quickly.
However, if your dog had larger dose and/or develops constipation, it’s a good idea to call the vet right way. Be sure to let them know how much of the medication your dog ate, and how long ago this happened. The vet will be the best person to provide you with information and guidance on next steps.Check Price on Amazon
Keep Medications Out of Your Dog’s Reach
Dogs are tempted to eat things they shouldn’t, especially if they see you eating what looks like a snack or candy to them. When not looking, your fur baby may decide to go for the “good stuff,” and eat a couple of pills or tablets. Human medication can be extremely dangerous for dogs.
For this reason, always keep your medications and supplements out of your dog’s reach. This can be challenging, but it is necessary in order to keep your dog safe and healthy.
So, don’t leave medicines on the counter, on a table or nightstand. Instead, put them away right after using them. This way, your dog won’t have a chance to get what he thinks is a yummy snack!