My Dog Ate Plink Garbage Disposal Cleaner What Should I Do?

Reviewed By Kim •  Updated: 01/13/21 •  3 min read
Dog Moderate Toxicity Level
The contents of the OurFitPets.com website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this site (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding the medical condition of your pet. Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase this item or service, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain our own.

Garbage disposals can sometimes stink and become clogged from everyday use. And it’s no wonder when you consider what goes into the disposal! However, there products that can help to keep the garbage disposal clean and running great! One of these is Plink Garbage Disposal Cleaner.

Online Veterinary 24/7
Chat With A Veterinarian Online

Connect with a verified veterinarian in minutes. Licensed vets are available 24/7 to answer your questions. No need to worry about your furry family member.

But what happens if your dog happens to eat this cleaner? Is it toxic for dogs?

Plink Garbage Disposal Cleaner is a product that meant to keep your disposal clean and fresh. It’s easy to use and isn’t messy in any way. In fact, the product is small balls of cleaner that you drop into the disposal. Just one ball is all it takes.

The manufacturer recommends using Plink Garbage Disposal balls about 2x a week, or as needed. That’s not bad! The scents are pretty nice—Plink balls come in lemon, citrus, orange, simply fresh and assorted. When you use this, it says the whole kitchen will smell fresh!

It is strongly recommended to contact a Pet Poison Helpline or your veterinarian.

Plink Garbage Disposal Cleaner contains these ingredients: d-Limonene, lanolin, oils, eucalyptus, and paraffin wax.

Of course, the product isn’t meant to be eaten by dogs or anyone. There’s a chance this cleaner can irritate the skin, and if ingested, the cleaner can cause digestive irritation. It’s easy to imagine that pets or kids would be drawn to eating this type of cleaner. That’s because the balls are brightly colored and look like candy.

What happens if your dog swallows Plink? The only information we could find is that the eucalyptus in the product could cause some problems. Your dog could develop some irritation of the mouth and esophagus, as well as digestive tract upset.

If your dog swallows Plink cleaner, then you should call the vet. This is not a life-threatening emergency if your dog has swallowed just one ball. If more, then this could be a more serious medical issue.

One note—do not induce vomiting unless this is recommended by the vet.

In most cases, your dog may develop nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting, which should pass within about 24 hours. However, we still recommend calling the vet. They’ll have the best guidance on what your dog needs after swallowing Plink.

Any time your fur baby happens to snarf up a chemical of any kind, it’s always best to call the vet right away. With Plink, your dog should be OK. However, other chemicals can be quite toxic and cause a life-threatening emergency. So, always call your vet in these cases.

(Visited 2,151 times, 1 visits today)
Online Veterinary 24/7
Chat With A Veterinarian Online

Connect with a verified veterinarian in minutes. Licensed vets are available 24/7 to answer your questions. No need to worry about your furry family member.

Kim

Kim is a talented author, who loves animals especially dogs. She engaged in writing books and articles relating to animals a decade ago. Kim resides in Chicago with her husband and son. The family is the proud owner of a dog and a parrot (Jack and Lily). Kim wanted more than these two pets, but her husband put his foot down... She often visits elementary schools to talk to the kids about what she learned about pets and how they could learn from them.

Keep Reading