Does your dog enjoy Bully Sticks? Many dogs enjoy these great treats! There are even some dogs who love the stick so much they eat them right down! But what happens if a dog eats Bully sticks too fast?
Has your dog eaten Bully Sticks too fast? Are you worried the Bully Sticks will make your dog sick? If so, you’ve come to the right place. We understand it can be scary when your dog eats like this.
We’ve put together some information about Bully Sticks and whether they can make a dog sick. Let’s get started!
What are Bully Sticks?
Bully Sticks are a dog treat made from beef muscle. The treats are high-protein and healthy for dogs. They’re great for keeping a dog’s teeth clean, giving him healthy skin and coat, providing nutrients, and more. Bully Sticks are healthy treats for dogs.
However, what happens if a dog eats Bully Sticks too fast?
Bully Sticks & Dogs
Bully Sticks, if eaten too fast, may cause choking. Another problem is that the dog doesn’t chew the still well enough and swallows a large chunk whole. This chunk could be large enough to become lodged in the dog’s digestive system and cause an intestinal obstruction in the dog.
Symptoms of Intestinal Blockage in Dogs
You may notice these symptoms if your dog has eaten a Bully Stick too fast:
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain & swelling
If you notice these symptoms in your dog, call the vet immediately. This is an emergency.
Don’t wait to see if your dog’s symptoms improve or worsen. If an intestinal blockage is not treated right away, it can cause death.
Be sure to let the vet know the issue has been caused by your dog eating a Bully Stick too fast and not chewing it properly. Let the vet know when this happened and about how much of the stick your dog has eaten.
Some dogs may require emergency surgery to remove the piece of Bully Stick from his digestive tract.
The prognosis is best for dogs who receive prompt medical treatment. So, the key is to get your canine companion to the vet ASAP! His life depends on it!