My Dog Ate Koko Krunch Will He Get Sick?
Has your dog eaten some Koko Krunch? Are you afraid the Koko Krunch could make your dog sick? If so, then you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’ll take a look at what Koko Krunch is and whether or not it can make your dog sick. Let’s get started!
What is Koko Krunch?
Koko Krunch is a breakfast cereal that’s made by the Nestle company. It’s targeted toward kids, though we have it on good authority that this cereal is also a favorite of many adults! The cereal is made of “petals,” which contain whole grains, vitamins, and minerals.Check Price on Amazon
Koko Krunch is made of the following ingredients:
- Whole grain wheat flour
- Fat-reduced cocoa powder
- Barley malt extract
- Palm oil
- Minerals (calcium carbonate, iron)
- Iodized salt
- Vitamins B3, B5, B6, B2, & B9
Most of these ingredients are pretty safe for dogs, aside from the sugar and cocoa. These are a problem for dogs, especially chocolate.
So, Koko Krunch is not safe for dogs due to being made with chocolate, which is a known toxin for dogs.
Chocolate & Dogs
Chocolate is extremely toxic for dogs. The reason is due to the substance contained in chocolate, which is called theobromine. Theobromine acts a lot like caffeine, as well as a diuretic, a heart stimulant, blood vessel dilator, and a smooth muscle relaxant. Dogs metabolize theobromine slowly than we do. This means the substance stays in their system longer, where it can cause even more damage.
Symptoms of Chocolate Toxicity in DogsCheck Price on Amazon
You may notice these symptoms if your dog has eaten Koko Krunch:
- Extreme thirst
- Increased urination
- Muscle tremors
If your dog shows any of these symptoms, then call the vet right now. This is a medical emergency that may be life-threatening.
Treatment of Chocolate Toxicity in Dogs
At the vet’s, they will perform a complete physical exam on your dog. This will include lab work and possibly other tests. Treatment may include the inducing of vomiting, activated charcoal, or gastric lavage.
In addition, your fur baby will need an IV for fluids and to give him more medications that may be needed for symptoms as they arise.
The vet may want to keep your dog overnight for observation. If your dog’s symptoms were more severe, then he may need to be hospitalized for a longer time.
The good news is that dogs who receive prompt medical treatment go on to make a full recovery!