Best Cat Birthday Cake Recipes!
Does your precious kitty have a birthday coming up and you’d like to celebrate? Then consider making her a special birthday cake just for her! We’ll take a look at some cat-safe ingredients and recipes you can use to create a birthday delicacy for the special kitty in your life!
Cat Birthday Cake IdeasCheck Price on Amazon
You’ll want to consider some cat-safe ingredients for your feline friend’s birthday cake! We’ve done the research and have some up with some ingredient suggestions for you.
1. Salmon: this excellent source of protein and omega 3s is something your cat’s sure to love. Now, humans don’t consider this a typical birthday cake ingredient, but we’re here to tell you that your fur baby will just looooovvve you if her cake includes salmon!
2. Eggs: cats enjoy eggs, just like their humans. In fact, eggs contain healthy protein and B vitamins that cats need. Eggs are safe for your kitty as long as they’re cooked or baked into a recipe. Never give her raw eggs, as she could develop food poisoning. Not something you want to happen when you make a homemade treat for your kitty’s birthday!
3. Chicken: again, this isn’t a typical birthday cake ingredient for humans, but cats will love it! Chicken is a healthy lean protein for cats and can make a tasty addition to your cat’s birthday cake recipe.
4. Bananas: are an excellent source of potassium and soluble fiber and is a great option to use a binding substance in a cake made for your cat!
5. Pumpkin: you may be surprised to learn that pumpkin’s healthy for cats and they love it! This low calorie snack is high in fiber and is another ingredient you can use as a binder in your kitty’s birthday cake recipe.
6. Cheese: we usually think of this as a food more suited to mice, but cats enjoy cheese, too. Healthy cheeses for cats include cheddar, Swiss and Gouda, which are high in calcium and protein and taste great when added to kitty treats.
These are a few of the cat-safe ingredients you can choose to create a lovely birthday cake for your fur baby!
Homemade Cat Birthday Cake RecipesCheck Price on Amazon
Now, let’s take a look at some homemade cat birthday cake recipes your fur baby’s sure to love! These recipes use ingredients you can easily find at your local grocery store, and we’ve even included a gluten-free recipe for kitties who need to avoid wheat and gluten. One note—as you’re preparing your cat’s birthday cake, we’re sure she will come running when she smells the ingredients! But be sure to make her wait until the cake’s ready, so she can enjoy the full effect of all these yummy ingredients!
Easy Cat Birthday Cake Recipe
This recipe is quick and easy to prepare. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 large egg
- All-purpose flour
- Shredded cheese (one safe for cats and that she will enjoy—think Cheddar, for instance)
- 1 can (16 oz) of tuna
- Cooked shrimp (for garnish—this is optional)
- Cooking spray
Makes two kitty cakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C). Begin with ½ can of tuna.
2. Measure 1 ½ tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
3. Take a pinch (about 1 teaspoon) of shredded cheese.
4. Crack the egg and separate out the egg white only.
5. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
6. Using a muffin tin, apply cooking spray to two muffin cups (in the baking tin, near the center).
7. Fill the muffin tin with the first cake mixture, then follow steps 1-6 again for the second cake. Once you’ve filled the second muffin cup, then place the muffin tin in the oven.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
9. While you wait, rinse off the cooked piece of shrimp and remove the tail.
10. Once the cakes are done, remove them from the oven and place on a plate or wire rack to completely cool.
11. If desired, the top of each cake with a piece of shrimp.
12. Serve to your fur baby and watch her enjoy!
Easy Cat Birthday Cake #2Check Price on Amazon
Here’s another kitty birthday cake recipe you can make at home and then watch your cat devour!
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 cans of tuna
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of catnip (yes—it’s safe and edible—your cat will love it!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the olive oil and fish. In addition, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350°F), with heat on the top and bottom of the oven.
2. Drain cans of tuna and mix the fish with the previous mixture.
3. Now, add the catnip and keep beating.
4. Sift the flour with the baking soda and add it in the dough, until smoothed and well-combined.
5. Grease a mold with oil, pour the dough into the mold and bake the kitty cake for 30-45 minutes.
6. When it is ready, remove the cake from the oven, let it cool, take it out of the mold and watch your precious fur baby devour her cake without a second thought! She will love you for this yummy kitty creation!
Meat Cat Birthday Cakes
All cats love meat and will be puuurrrrfectly happy with a cat birthday cake made from meat!
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons of boiled, chopped meat (you can use turkey, veal or chicken—these make excellent kitty cakes!)
- 4 tablespoons of grated carrot
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C); be sure the heat is turned on for the top and the bottom, to make sure the cakes cook evenly.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the oil.
3. Next, add the meat and the carrot, then keep mixing until everything is well combined.
4. Add in the flour and baking soda, again until everything is well combined and the mixture is smooth.
5. Pour the cake batter/dough into a greased mold and bake for 30-45 minutes.
6. Remove the cake(s) from the oven, and then let completely cool. Then stand back as your kitty happily chows down on this wonderful cat birthday cake!Check Price on Amazon
Gluten Free Cat Birthday Cake Recipe
Here’s a gluten free option if your cat is on a grain-free or gluten free diet! She’s going to love the flavor of this special birthday cake!
- 1 can of tuna in water, drained
- ½ cup of diced cooked chicken (or canned chicken)
- ½ cup of pureed sweet potato
- 1 mashed potato
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix tuna, chicken and sweet potato until the dough firmly holds together.
2. Next, take about 3 tablespoons of the mixture and use this to create a patty. Just use your hands to press the patty into shape or use a mold or even a cookie cutter to shape the kitty cake.
3. Then you’ll need to place some mashed potato into a plastic bag, with the corner cut off. Using the bag as a design tool, create flowers, fish and other fun shapes on your cat’s cake.
4. Next, you can put some other kitty-safe treats on top of the cake and then serve it all to your cat. Watch her dig in—she’ll have half the cake already eaten before you can make it to the end of the Happy Birthday song!
Cakes for Cats with Icing
Now, we realize your cat probably won’t care if the cake you make for her has frosting on it or not. When it comes to frosting on a birthday cake, it’s usually the pet parents who want the cake to include frosting. After all, what kind of cake for a birthday doesn’t include frosting, even for a kitty’s birthday!
Frosting ideas include:
- Mashed potatoes: these are safe and healthy to use for decorating or frosting your cat’s birthday cake
- Fancy Feast Classic Broths: these gravies come in pouches and come in a variety of flavors sure to complement your kitty’s cake! Choose from chicken & vegetables, chicken with vegetables and whitefish, and more. These broths are made with natural ingredients cats love. Just pour a bit of the gravy over your kitty’s cake and watch her enjoy!
- Crunched kitty treats: crunch up some of your cat’s favorite treats and then pat onto the sides and top of her birthday cake. This will add a crunchy texture and be a cute way to creatively “frost” your kitty’s cake.
Cat Birthday Treats
What about some other type of cat treats for your feline friend’s birthday? We’ve got you covered!
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Soft-Moist Grain-Free Cat Treats Variety Pack-4 Flavors: give your kitty a variety pack of treats for her birthday! She’s sure to enjoy these: chicken & duck; chicken & trout; chicken & salmon, and chicken & turkey treats! They’re made with real meat and contain no artificial preservatives, colors or flavors. These treats are also free of by-product meals and contain no corn, soy or wheat. Each pouch is about 2 oz.
Wellness Kittles Cat Treat Variety Pack-3 Flavors: here’s another treat your cat’s sure to love for her birthday! This package comes with 3 flavors: chicken & cranberries; salmon & cranberries; and tuna & cranberries. These treats are made with 100% natural ingredients and make a yummy crunchy treat for adult cats. They’re made with natural ingredients and contain nothing artificial. Plus, they’re low-calorie, making them a great treat for cats who need to lose a little weight.
Friskies Party Mix Cat Treats: this cat treat is an excellent choice for cats who love cheese! These cheesy treats are made with real cheese—a blend of Cheddar, Swiss and Monterey Jack. Just the taste your cat is sure to love! She’ll also enjoy the crunchy texture, which also helps to keep her teeth clean. What a great treat for your cat’s birthday!
Birthday Cake for Cats Near Me
If you’re not one of those who enjoys spending time in the kitchen, or you just don’t have time but would like to have some special for your kitty’s birthday, then we can help! These days, if you live in a larger city or metropolitan area, then you may have seen bakeries and shops that create yummy treats for dogs and cats! To find a cat bakery near you, just do a quick Google search. Type this phrase into Google’s search bar “cat birthday cake near me,” and Google will quickly (almost at the speed of light!) bring up a list of places where you can order a special surprise for your kitty’s birthday! It’s just that simple!
We hope this kitty birthday cake guide has provided you with some creative ideas to help give your cat the best birthday ever! And we’d like to wish you both all the best and much fun as you celebrate!