My Cat Ate Hershey Kisses Will He Get Sick?
Don’t you just love Hershey Kisses? They taste wonderful and are so cute, wrapped up in their foil packaging. You can even find Hershey Kisses “dressed up” for the holidays, wrapped in holiday foil covering! But what happens if your cat eats Hershey Kisses?
Has your cat eaten Hershey Kisses? Are you worried the Hershey Kisses will make your cat sick? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. We understand it’s scary when your cat eats something he shouldn’t.
In this article, we’ll take a look at Hershey Kisses and whether or not they can make your cat sick. Let’s get started!
What are Hershey Kisses?
Hershey Kisses are a brand of chocolate that was first produced by the Hershey company back in 1907! These little candies have been around for quite a long time! The kisses are shaped something like a cone or bell, with a flat bottom. Each kiss is wrapped in a foil covering, with a small strip of paper coming out of the top.Check Price on Amazon
The kisses are made with different types of chocolate, including milk, dark, and more. They also include cocoa butter, milk fat, lecithin, and natural flavor.
While Hershey Kisses are safe for humans, are they OK for cats? Can Hershey Kisses make a cat sick?
Hershey Kisses & Cats
Cats should not eat Hershey Kisses. The main reason is that cats are not able to metabolize chocolate. In addition, the candies contain other ingredients that are not good for cats, including fat and sugar.
Chocolate is toxic to cats. What’s more, the darker the chocolate, the more toxic it is for a cat. This means that dark chocolate is the most toxic, while milk and white chocolate are the least toxic.
Symptoms of Chocolate Toxicity in Cats
You may notice these symptoms if your cat has eaten chocolate:
- Muscle rigidity
- Rapid breathing
- Increased thirst
- Lack of appetite
If your cat has eaten Hershey Kisses, then it’s best to call the vet right away. Don’t wait to see if your cat develops symptoms or whether his symptoms become worse. Chocolate is toxic to a cat and can lead to death if not treated promptly.
When calling the vet, be sure to let them know what type of chocolate your cat has eaten, as well as how many Hershey Kisses he may have eaten.Check Price on Amazon
Treatment of Chocolate Toxicity in Cats
When you reach the vet, they may try to induce vomiting and/or give your cat activated charcoal. In addition, your cat may require an IV fluid and may require other medications, including medicine, to control seizures and other symptoms. Your cat may also need to be hospitalized for a few days, depending on the severity of his symptoms.
The good news is that cats who receive prompt medical care for chocolate toxicity have a better chance of making a complete recovery. So, getting your cat to the vet as soon as possible could just save his life.