My Dog Ate a Fake Nail What Should I Do?
Acrylic nails, also called fake nails or artificial nails, have become very popular all around the world. Some people love long nails and aren’t able to grow out their own. So, they turn to acrylic nails.
It’s also fun to paint nails that are longer. You can do so many things with decorating nails for all types of occasions—from weddings to holidays! If you’ve ever checked out nail designs on Pinterest, then you’ll know what we mean. Painting nails creatively is an art in itself.
What are Acrylic Nails?Check Price on Amazon
Acrylic nails are made from a mix of powder and liquid monomer, which is combined to make dough. This “dough” is then shaped to your nails with a brush and air dried. Another type of acrylic nails are plastic caps that fit over your true nails or just over the tips of your real nails.
People use acrylic nails to shape and extend their own nails. In some parts of the country, having well-manicured hands is a sign of wealth, that you take care of yourself, and more. However, some people just find it fun to wear fake nails and enjoy getting creative with their nail polish.
Because artificial nails have become so popular, it means that dogs have a better chance of gaining access to them. What happens if your dog swallows one or more acrylic nails?
What to Happens When Dog Swallows Fake Nail?
When dogs eat or swallow a foreign object, it’s possible this will pass through the dog’s system without causing any harm. It may take from 24-48 hours for the object, such as an acrylic nail, to pass through your dog and into his poo.
On the other hand, something that’s sharp, such as a fake nail, could also cause internal damage. For instance, the nail could cause tears in the stomach or intestines that can lead to serious medical issues. It’s also possible the nail could become stuck in the intestines and cause a problem there.
You just never know how things will turn out if your dog has swallowed an object such as a fake nail.Check Price on Amazon
What to Do If Your Dog Has Swallowed a Fake Nail
If you suspect, or know for sure, that your canine friend has swallowed a fake nail, then it’s best to call the vet as soon as possible. The vet will have the advice and guidance that are best for your dog.
One note: never induce vomiting at home without the vet’s recommendation. This can cause serious damage to your dog.
Your dog has an excellent prognosis if he receives prompt treatment after swallowing a fake nail, or another foreign object.