My Dog Ate A Bounty Bar Will He Get Sick?

By Kim •  Updated: 04/10/21 •  3 min read
The contents of the OurFitPets.com website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this site (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding the medical condition of your pet. Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website!

Has your dog eaten a Bounty bar? Are you worried the Bounty bar will make your dog sick? If so, then you’ve come to the right place.

Online Veterinary 24/7
Chat With A Veterinarian Online

Connect with a verified veterinarian in minutes. No waiting for appointments or office hours. No high fees. No need to worry about your furry family member.

In this article, we’ll take at what a Bounty bar is and whether or not it can make your dog sick. Let’s get started!

What is a Bounty Bar?

A Bounty is a chocolate bar made by the Mars company. The bar is made with a filling that is coconut flavored, which is covered by a milk chocolate coating on the outside. The bar was first made back in 1951.

Bounty bars contain the following ingredients:

So, while humans can enjoy Bounty bars, are they safe for dogs?

Online Veterinary 24/7
Chat With A Veterinarian Online

Connect with a verified veterinarian in minutes. No waiting for appointments or office hours. No high fees. No need to worry about your furry family member.

Bounty Bars & Dogs

Bounty bars are really not very good for dogs. The reason is that they contain ingredients that can be harmful to dogs. For instance, salt and sugar are not healthy for dogs. The worst ingredient is the milk chocolate covering the bar. Chocolate is toxic to dogs.

The good news is that Bounty bars are made with milk chocolate. Of all the different types of chocolate, milk chocolate is the least harmful to dogs. This is because it contains a lower amount of chocolate compared to darker types of chocolate.

Even so, there’s enough chocolate in a Bounty bar to make a dog sick. In most dogs, eating a Bounty bar could lead to diarrhea, vomiting, and nausea. The effect of the chocolate will be more intense for smaller dogs. This is because smaller dogs will have more chocolate in their system than larger dogs.

Symptoms of Chocolate Poisoning in Dogs

Your dog may show these symptoms if he’s eaten a Bounty bar:

If your dog is showing any of these symptoms, then it’s time to call the vet. This may be a life-threatening medical emergency.

Treatment of Chocolate Poisoning in Dogs

The vet may first try to induce vomiting if the dog has recently eaten the Bounty bar. They may also try activated charcoal. Your fur baby may also require an IV drip, which can be used to supply fluids and other medications as needed.

In most cases, a dog who has eaten chocolate can make a full recovery if they receive prompt medical treatment. This is the key to saving a dog’s life if they’re having severe symptoms of chocolate poisoning.

So, Bounty bars can make a dog sick, especially smaller dogs. It’s best to keep all chocolate bars and other candy out of the reach of your dog. You’ll both be much happier that way!

(Visited 902 times, 1 visits today)

Kim

Kim is a talented author, who loves animals especially dogs. She engaged in writing books and articles relating to animals a decade ago. Kim resides in Chicago with her husband and son. The family is the proud owner of a dog and a parrot (Jack and Lily). Kim wanted more than these two pets, but her husband put his foot down... She often visits elementary schools to talk to the kids about what she learned about pets and how they could learn from them.

Keep Reading

[class^="wpforms-"]
[class^="wpforms-"]