Can my dog eat Mushrooms?

By Kim •  Updated: 11/05/19 •  2 min read
The contents of the OurFitPets.com website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this site (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding the medical condition of your pet. Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website!

Can my dog eat Mushrooms? Safe for dogs to eat

 

Online Veterinary 24/7
Chat With A Veterinarian Online

Connect with a verified veterinarian in minutes. No waiting for appointments or office hours. No high fees. No need to worry about your furry family member.

 

Mushrooms are fungi and come in many varieties; they grow all around the world. Some mushrooms are edible, while others are poisonous. With commercially grown mushrooms, you won’t have to worry about them being toxic. Mushrooms sold in the local grocery store are generally safe to eat. Mushrooms are low-calorie, and packed with nutrients including B vitamins, niacin, selenium, copper, potassium and more. Mushrooms can be added to meat dishes, soups, salads and more—they’re quite versatile.

Can my dog eat mushrooms? Yes, but with some caution. Can my puppy eat mushrooms? Yes, but you must take care what mushrooms your puppy eats. It’s recommended that you avoid feeding your pet wild mushrooms, unless you’re knowledgeable about which wild mushrooms are edible and which are poisonous. Even then, it’s best to avoid possible accidental poisoning of your dog, and just stick to serving him an occasional store-bought mushroom. If you serve mushrooms to your fur baby, make sure they’re clean and cut into bite-size pieces. And just for good measure, it doesn’t hurt to cook them. You can add them to his normal dogfood, or even give him an occasional slice as a treat. What if my dog eating too many mushrooms? If your dog eats too many mushrooms, he could develop a stomach ache, vomiting and possibly even diarrhea.

(Visited 116 times, 1 visits today)

Kim

Kim is a talented author, who loves animals especially dogs. She engaged in writing books and articles relating to animals a decade ago. Kim resides in Chicago with her husband and son. The family is the proud owner of a dog and a parrot (Jack and Lily). Kim wanted more than these two pets, but her husband put his foot down... She often visits elementary schools to talk to the kids about what she learned about pets and how they could learn from them.

Keep Reading

[class^="wpforms-"]
[class^="wpforms-"]