Whimzees Dog Treat Review
Most dogs love treats. We can’t think of a dog that doesn’t love treats in one form or another! As a pet parent, you want to ensure the treats you buy your fur baby are healthy and safe. These days, it can be difficult to find treats that fit these requirements.
However, we do product reviews on our site, including dog treat reviews. Today, we’re going to review Whimzees Dog Treats and let you know how these treats rank when it comes to being safe and healthy. Let’s get started!
What are Whimzees Dog Treats?
Whimzees dog treats are grain-free, vegetarian dental chews that keep your dog’s teeth and gums healthy. The treats are available in sizes that are perfect for all dogs, from extra small to extra large. In addition, these treats come in fun shapes specially designed to clean tartar and plaque from your dog’s teeth. What’s more, these treats are easy for dogs to hold between their paws as they chew.
Whimzees are available in these fun versions:
- Hedgehog treats
- Alligator treats
- Rice bones
- Star-shaped stix
- Veggie or sausage sticks
- And more
You can even find fun shapes for the holidays, including Christmas trees and snowmen!
Who Produces Whimzees?
The Whimzees company is located in Holland, where the treats are also made. They’re manufactured by WellPet LLC, which owns other pet brands, including Old Mother Hubbard and Wellness.
WellPet LLC is a pet product company that’s been in business for over 100 years. Moreover, the company works with non-profits to help pets live healthy, happy lives. Whimzees products are found in stores in 32 countries, and its products have the Veterinary Oral Health Council seal of approval. The products are also non-GMO verified.
While the treats are produced in Holland, the ingredients are sourced in Europe, including Germany, Italy, and the Netherlands.
Whimzees Are Great for All Dogs
Every dog can gain healthier teeth and gums with Whimzee’s products. The chews are shaped to effectively remove tartar and plaque while making the dog’s breath smell better. Plus, these chews last for quite a while. You don’t have to worry about your fur baby tearing through these treats too fast!
In addition, dogs that have health issues such as allergies and sensitivities can benefit from these treats. For instance, dogs that can’t eat wheat, gluten, chicken, artificial ingredients, or preservatives can safely enjoy these dog treats.
Do you have an aggressive chewer? If so, your fur baby will not be able to eat these treats too quickly. Instead, he can enjoy a satisfying chew as he cleans his teeth!
Do Whimzees Work for All Dogs?
The answer is that it depends. Some dogs have health issues such as sensitive stomach, digestive problems, and more. In that case, these dogs may benefit from an alternative brand of chew snacks. Whimzees treats are hard, and some dogs’ digestive tracts may not be able to break down these treats too easily.
The treats are also not recommended for puppies below the age of nine months. That’s because the treats may be too hard for puppy teeth. And the same may apply to adult dogs with sensitive or soft teeth.
So, these dogs may need to try an alternative to Whimzees dog treats.
Main Ingredients in Whimzees Treats
Whimzees have several healthy ingredients in their treats, which are meant to promote dental health and add some nutrients to a dog’s diet. Here’s a list of the main ingredients in these dog treats:
- Potato starch
- Powdered cellulose
- Malt extract
The treats are vegetarian formulas that are gluten and wheat free. The products contain no GMOs or artificial ingredients and are highly effective dental chews that improve a dog’s oral health. Only natural ingredients are used in Whimzees treats.
However, there are some concerns we should also share about Whimzees dog treats:
- They can pose a choking hazard, as they are very hard.
- The treats can be difficult for a dog’s digestive tract to break down.
- Some treats may contain vegetarian ingredients that are a bit questionable.
Our Favorite Whizmees Dog Treats
- Whimzees Natural Grain Free Daily Dental Treats Brushzees: these dog treats are shaped like small brushes, with ridges and texture to help clean your dog’s teeth. The treats are all-natural and contain no GMOs, artificial ingredients, or meat products. This snack is available in extra small, small, and medium. These treats should not be used for larger dogs, as the treats could pose a choking hazard.
- Whimzees Natural Grain Free Daily Dental Long Lasting Dog Treats Alligator: these alligator-shaped treats are pretty cute and are designed with knobs and ridges that remove tartar and plaque from your dog’s teeth. They’re also made with ingredients that can improve your dog’s bad breath. Here, again, the treats are entirely vegetarian and don’t include ingredients such as GMOs, artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. The treats also contain no gluten. One thing to note about these treats is that the small arms on the alligators could be chewed off and become a choking hazard. Otherwise, these are safe for most adult dogs.
- Whimzees Natural Grain Free Daily Long Lasting Dog Dental Treats Variety Box: this is a great choice if your dog loves a little variety. The Whimzees variety box contains alligators, stix, and brushzees to keep your dog’s teeth healthy and improve his breath! This product is also all-natural and vegetarian, with no meat products or artificial ingredients. These are also great for dogs that have allergies to certain ingredients found in other dog treats.
Summing It Up
Whimzees are great treats that can be a good choice for most dogs. The products work to keep your dog’s teeth clean and his breath fresher. And these treats are a great choice for dogs that have food allergies or sensitive stomachs.
If you’re looking for a vegetarian healthy dog treat, we highly recommend these VOHC approved dog treats by Whimzees!