The Best Dog Food Delivery Services Out There
If you’re a busy pet parent with a full schedule it can be hard to find time to visit the store. You may already be buying your family’s human food from online grocery delivery services. But did you know you can also have your dog’s food delivered from online pet food providers? If you’ve been wanting to learn more about these services, then you’ve come to the right spot.
This guide will discuss dog food delivery, where to find delivery services, and we’ll take a look at some of the highest rated pet food delivery services! Let’s get started!
Pet Food Delivery Services & Their Products
Before choosing which service to use, you’ll need to take a few things into consideration:Check Price on Amazon
1. Your dog’s age and health: look for the right food that fits your dog’s age and overall health. For instance, if your dog is a senior, you may need to look for food that’s lower in calories—or just the opposite if you have a puppy. Growing puppies need enough calories in order to grow up into strong, healthy adults.
2. What type of food does your fur baby eat now, or do you want/need to change his diet? This is important. Again, you’ll want to make sure to buy the right type of dog food for your dog’s age and overall health. If you don’t want to change the type of food he’s already eating, then you’ll need to find a service that delivers something similar. Maybe your dog’s on a grain-free, dry dog food diet. In this case, you’ll need to find a delivery service with this type of formula available. Some delivery services will delivery dry dog food; however, there are also services that make dog food from fresh ingredients.
3. Quality ingredients: look for delivery services that offer a well-balanced dog food. You’ll need to make sure the food provides your pup with all his daily nutrition requirements, contains only dog-safe ingredients, etc. Look for recipes that are labeled “nutritionally complete and balanced.” This will indicate that their dog food follows the strict guidelines provided by the AAFCO for nutritional content and that their pet food has been approved by the FDA. Your fur baby deserves the best you can provide. The best dog food needs to be nutritionally complete and made with quality, dog-safe ingredients.
4. Varied menu: look for services that offer a varied menu, or that allow you to customize your dog food ingredients for your canine companion. Also consider the serving sizes; does the company offer meal portions that fit your dog’s size? A better service will have a range of serving sizes and offer more recipes, to make it easier to find the right food for your dog.
5. Raw/Home-cooked/Dry: what type of food does your dog prefer? What does your vet recommend? Dog food delivery services offer a wide variety of food options. If your dog’s on a raw food diet, then consider companies that make this type of food. Whatever you and your pup prefer, you’ll be able to find raw, home-cooked, or dry dog foods made especially for your fur baby.
6. Shelf-life: If you order fresh dog food, how long will it keep in the fridge or freezer? What’s the expected shelf-life of dry menus? Make sure you know and understand how long the food is safe after it’s been delivered. You don’t want to accidentally give your fur baby food poisoning!
7. Delivery scheduling: look for services that will accommodate your schedule and will bring orders at a time that fits your schedule. In addition, look for a service that will let you pause or cancel deliveries as needed. Flexibility is one of the signs of a good delivery service.
8. Prices & discounts: dog food delivery services can be expensive, so be sure to check out the pricing available in your area. Look for a price that fits your budget and look to see if they offer discounts for first-time customers or for customers who sign up for the subscription service, etc. It pays to shop around!
9. Ease of ordering: look for services that make it easy to order, whether it’s from their website or an app. Ordering should be quicker than shopping at the store and it shouldn’t be too difficult (or take too long) to personalize your dog’s food to meet his individual needs.
Now that we’ve considered these import aspects of using a dog food delivery service, we’re ready to start looking at some of the best pet food delivery services available.
Pet Food ExpressCheck Price on Amazon
Unlike some of the other services, Pet Food Express is a regular pet supply shop. The company is based in California, where they have 62 stores throughout the state. Their site says they love animals and customers are welcome to bring their well-behaved pets to the store! Be sure to focus on the “well-behaved” part—if your pet doesn’t get along well with others (humans and/or pets), it’s best to leave him home while you shop.
Not only does the company offer pet supplies, they also sponsor pet adoptions in their stores. They’re strongly committed to animal welfare and are dedicated to providing the best for your pets—including your canine friend.
When shopping for pet food in their online shop, you first come to the Food Finder. The Food Finder is a special form where you can choose the type of pet you’re buying food for, the type of pet food (dry, canned, frozen, etc.). Next, you choose one or more ingredients the food must contain, and then can choose which ingredients not to include. Then you can choose from a list of special needs your dog may have, such as dental issues, joint support and more. Once you’ve made your selections, just hit “Go” and the site will show you several different foods just right for your dog!
The company has their own Product Safety Assurance Program, which is designed to assure you that they only sell safe, high quality foods for your fur baby. They watch for ingredients and voluntarily ban those that they feel are questionable in quality or safety. You can rest assured any pet food you order will be safe and contain only the best ingredients for your dog.
Not only that, but they offer a low price guarantee. They do their best to meet competitor’s prices on identical products. They also have a great return policy—if your pet doesn’t like the food, you can easily return it in the original package, along with your receipt, within 30 days of purchase. They’ll exchange the food for one that your dog is sure to love.
Be sure to check out their “Just for Dogs” food program. Here, you’ll find special fresh food formulas made especially for dogs. These meals are nutritionally complete and made with USDA approved ingredients. You can find these meals available in select Pet Food Express shops
Best Place to Buy Dog Food Online
Are you looking for a service where you can buy dog food fast, without having to visit a store? Then check out these dog food delivery services—they also offer a dog food delivery subscription!
1. Purina’s Just RightCheck Price on Amazon
Purina has a great dog food delivery service you might consider. Here, you’ll find it fast and easy to order food that’s customized for your dog in every way. On the site, after you click the “create a blend” button, you’ll be taken to a short, fast survey where you can create your pet’s profile. You’ll be asked to upload a photo of your fur baby (used to create personalized labels), your dog’s name, whether your dog is a girl or boy, his age (you can even include his birthday—this is optional). From there, you’ll choose your dog’s breed (or breed mix), his size, weight, his body condition and more. Additional questions deal with your pup’s health, weight, age, etc. You’ll also be able to choose which ingredients to exclude. All of this information is used to help you create the best blend of food for your dog.
Once you’ve finished answering the questions, you’ll be taken directly to a page that has the right blend of dog food for your canine. This will be a bag of dry dog food made specially to fit his age, weight, activity level and health issues. And if you uploaded his picture, you’ll find his sweet face on the bag’s front label, along with his name.
You can choose to have the dog food auto-delivered (with 10% off and free shipping—cancel at any time), or you can choose from there different sizes of dog food bags just right for your dog. Every order has free shipping. Also on this page, you’ll find the ingredients listed, a guaranteed analysis of the food, along with feeding instructions.
If your dog prefers dry food, this is a great way to create a personalized blend he’ll love!
Ollie is a highly popular dog food delivery service. Ollie helps you easily and quickly design your dog’s recipe based on a profile you fill out. The profile information will include information about your dog’s breed, weight, age, health issue, etc. The company uses this information to create the best recipe for your dog’s food. All recipes have been vet-approved, use natural ingredients and use low-temp cooking methods to help food retain important nutritive values.
The dog food is delivered ready-to-serve—it arrives cold or frozen in insulated, recyclable boxes and trays. Not only that, but you’ll also receive a scoop that’s specifically sized to make sure your dog gets the right amount of food every time. Foods can be stored in the freezer (if they’re unopened) for up to 14 days and can be safely in the fridge (after opening) for 5 days.
Ollie has a “bowl lickin’ guarantee” that allows you to change your subscription at any time and if your dog doesn’t like the food, they’ll give you a full refund for your first order. All food is shipped on a regular schedule according to your meal plan and you should expect it show up the same day each week.
3. NomNomNowCheck Price on Amazon
Here’s a dog food delivery service that uses 100% human-grade ingredients for your dog’s food. They only use fresh, whole, USDA Grade A ingredients fit for human consumption. This means you won’t find any fillers or byproducts in these delicious meals. In addition, the meals give your dog the balanced, complete nutrition he needs. Each recipe is created by the company’s own on-site vet nutritionist—with all dog food exceeding the AAFCO standards.
You’ll find several recipes to choose from:
- Heartland Beef Mash
- Chicken Chow-Wow
- Tasty Turkey Fare
- Porkalicious Potluck
NomNomNow will ask you to complete a profile for your pup, that includes his age, weight and activity level. From there, they’ll cook personalized meals based on his profile. The food then delivered cold, in single serve portions. This will be perfect if your dog enjoys eating a fresh food diet.
Once you’ve chosen your dog’s preferred diet, the site will tell you how much the food will cost per week. The company offers 20% of your first order, and you’ll receive one delivery every 4 weeks. And to top it off, shipping is free!
Each of these sites make it easy and fast to create a profile and order the best food for your pet. You’ll get a healthy diet created especially for your dog! What could be better?
Dog Delivery Food AppCheck Price on Amazon
What about an app for a dog food delivery service? We found one that’s very popular! It’s by Chewy, the pet supply website—they also offer free apps for iPhones/iPads and Android phones and tablets.
The app makes it easy to choose and order food for your dog. Just swipe through their dog food brands and choose the one your pup loves. Then track your order, manage shipping and more. The app even offers 24/7 access to their pet experts to help you with advice and questions you may have regarding your pup.
Dog Food Delivery Near Me
It’s fast and easy to find a dog food delivery service in your area. Just do a quick Google search, using the term in the heading above. Then hit enter, and Google will bring up a list of services near you. When searching for a nearby dog food delivery service, don’t hesitate to contact these services with questions you may have about the food’s quality, the ingredients, portion sizes and how long the food can be safely stored. Then choose the best product/service for your pup! It’s that easy!
You can also ask for referrals from family, friends, colleagues—and don’t forget to check with your vet. They may know of some excellent services in your area.
We hope this guide has given the information you need to choose the top dog food delivery service for your fur baby. Just be sure to check out the quality of the ingredients, how to choose the right food for your dog, etc. Your dog will enjoy the benefits of a food created just for him. You’ll have one happy dog when you get the first delivery!