My Dog Drank Fly Trap Water What Should I Do?
Flies are the bane of our existence. Nothing’s worse than sitting down to work or read, and a fly comes buzzing your face! Or maybe you’re sitting outside enjoying the beautiful weather until a fly comes swooping by your head! And if you’re eating or drinking anything, you can be sure one or more flies will be around to try and grab their share! Flies are as common as ants at a picnic!
Because flies are such a pain, many pet parents use products around the house to combat flies. There are many different methods and products available to deal with flies. You may have even heard of “fly trap water.” Do you know what this is? We’ve learned that some dogs like to go after fly trap water. But does fly water make a dog sick?Check Price on Amazon
Has your dog drunk fly trap water? Are you worried the fly trap water will make your dog sick? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. We understand it can be scary when your dog drinks something like this.
In this article, we’ll take a look at fly water and whether it can make a dog sick. Let’s get started!
What is Fly Trap Water?
Fly trap water is the liquid contained in certain types of fly traps. The product is usually some type of container, such as a plastic bag, which contains a fly attractant that’s mixed with water. The trap is usually hung up outside in a tree or another spot, where it works to attract flies. The flies enter the trap and then drown in the liquid inside.
In most cases, fly water traps do not contain toxic chemicals. They usually contain sugar, egg solids, yeast, trimethylamine, indole, and other ingredients. These ingredients are not harmful to dogs and are not poisonous.
However, some fly water traps may contain toxic ingredients. For this reason, it’s recommended to read the label of fly-catching products before using them at home. It’s best to opt for those that do not contain toxic chemicals.
But can non-toxic fly trap water still make a dog sick?
Fly Trap Water & Dogs
If a dog manages to ingest fly trap water, it is possible he may become sick. The dog could develop digestive tract issues that could be unpleasant. However, if the fly trap water contains no toxic ingredients, the dog will not be poisoned.Check Price on Amazon
The main issue will be whether or not the dog has eaten any of the product packaging. The fly traps are made with plastic parts and a large plastic bag. If these are eaten, there’s a chance they could become lodged in the dog’s digestive tract and cause an intestinal blockage.
What to Do If Your Dog Has Ingested Fly Trap Water or Part of the Trap
If your dog has drunk some of the fly trap water, then be sure to monitor him for diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. For digestive tract issues that last longer than a day, it’s best to call the vet.
If your canine companion has drunk the fly trap water and eaten any part of the trap, then call the vet immediately. This could be an emergency.
The good news is that most dogs will be OK and may not need to see the vet. However, dogs who have eaten the trap and drunk the fly trap water need to be seen by the vet ASAP. The dogs who receive prompt medical treatment have the best chance of making a full recovery!