My Dog Licked a Clorox Wipe What Should I Do?
Clorox wipes are great for disinfecting the house and can be used for a wide range of surfaces. They’re a great way of getting rid of germs in the kitchen, the bathroom, and more! But what happens if a dog licks a Clorox wipe?
Has your dog licked a Clorox wipe? Are you worried the wipe will make your dog sick? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. We understand it can be scary when your dog does something like this.
In this article, we’ll take a look at Clorox wipes and whether or not they can make your dog sick. Let’s get started!
What are Clorox Wipes?Check Price on Amazon
Clorox wipes are a cleaning product that works to disinfect all types of surfaces. They can kill E. coli, salmonella, and other bacteria and viruses. What’s more, the wipes work to prevent bacteria growth for up to 24 hours! Who knew?
When we hear the name “Clorox,” many of us think of Clorox bleach. However, Clorox wipes don’t contain bleach. Instead, their active ingredient is Alkyl C12-18 Dimethylbenzyl Ammonium Chloride. This is an antimicrobial substance that disinfects and sanitizes surfaces.
The wipes are very safe to use when used and stored correctly. However, what happens if a dog licks a Clorox wipe?
Clorox Wipes & Dogs
To start with, your dog will not like the taste of the Clorox wipe. That’s a good thing! What’s more, one lick will probably not make your dog sick. That’s good news!
However, if your dog drinks more of the liquid or eats a bunch of wipes, it’s possible he could become sick.
For these reasons, it’s best to keep all disinfectant and cleaning products out of your dog’s reach. It’s also necessary to keep your dog away from any surfaces that you’ve wiped down with Clorox wipes. The surface will be safe for your fur baby only once it dries.
Symptoms of Clorox Wipe Toxicity in DogsCheck Price on Amazon
You may notice these symptoms if your dog has drunk the liquid from the wipes container or has eaten several wipes:
- Excessive drooling
- Oral and throat ulcers
- Lack of appetite
If you notice these symptoms in your dog, then it’s time to call the vet.
The good news is that in most cases, the vet should be able to help your dog. It may be necessary for the vet to use medication to treat the dog’s digestive symptoms, as well as any oral or throat ulcers.
And if your dog’s had one lick of the Clorox wipe, he should be OK. Just monitor him for any symptoms listed above. But he should be OK!