My Dog Drank Pine-Sol What Should I Do?

Reviewed By Kim •  Updated: 12/23/21 •  3 min read
The contents of the OurFitPets.com website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this site (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding the medical condition of your pet. Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase this item or service, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain our own.

Dog Drank Pine-Sol

Online Veterinary 24/7
Chat With A Veterinarian Online

Connect with a verified veterinarian in minutes. Licensed vets are available 24/7 to answer your questions. No need to worry about your furry family member.

Pine-Sol is something that many of us have at home! Many people love the piney, clean scent of this product. But, while the smell is fresh and clean, what happens if a dog drinks Pine-Sol? Can Pine Sol make a dog sick?

Has your dog drunk Pine Sol? Are you worried the Pine-Sol will make your dog sick? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. We understand it can be scary when your dog drinks something like this.

We’ve put together some information about Pine-Sol and whether it can make a dog sick. Let’s get started!

What is Pine Sol?

Pine-Sol is a home cleaning product made by the Clorox Company. The product can clean grease, stains, and more. In 1929, the household cleaner was made with natural pine oil when it was first developed. However, in 2016, Pine-Sol products were no longer made with pine oil to save money and reduce costs.

Pine-Sol contains the following ingredients:

As you can see, pine is not listed as an active ingredient on Pine Sol’s ingredient list. However, can these ingredients make a dog sick if ingested?

Pine-Sol & Dogs

Pine-Sol is not a product that’s made to be ingested. The chemicals it contains are made to dissolve grease, oil, stains, and more. The surfactants in the household cleaner also help release dirt from surfaces.

The chemicals in Pine-Sol are toxic to dogs.

Symptoms of Pine-Sol Toxicity in Dogs

You may notice these symptoms if your dog has ingested Pine-Sol cleaner:

If you notice these symptoms in your dog, call the vet immediately. This is an emergency.

When you call the vet, be sure to let them know your dog has drunk Pine-Sol. Tell the vet about how much of the product your dog has drunk, as well as about what time this happened. This information is valuable to the vet. They use it to determine the best way to help your dog.

It’s possible your fur baby may need to be hospitalized. He may require IV liquids and other medications, depending on his symptoms. He may need to stay with the vet for a day or two or longer. It just depends on how sick your fur baby becomes.

The key in cases like this is to call the vet as soon as possible. Don’t wait to see if your dog’s symptoms improve or worsen. His life could depend on the decision you make!

(Visited 783 times, 1 visits today)
Online Veterinary 24/7
Chat With A Veterinarian Online

Connect with a verified veterinarian in minutes. Licensed vets are available 24/7 to answer your questions. No need to worry about your furry family member.

Kim

Kim is a talented author, who loves animals especially dogs. She engaged in writing books and articles relating to animals a decade ago. Kim resides in Chicago with her husband and son. The family is the proud owner of a dog and a parrot (Jack and Lily). Kim wanted more than these two pets, but her husband put his foot down... She often visits elementary schools to talk to the kids about what she learned about pets and how they could learn from them.

Keep Reading