My Dog Ate Taco Bell What Should I Do?
Taco Bell is a favorite restaurant for millions of people! We know—we eat there, too! The chain’s food is fast and tastes great. What more could you want?
Have you noticed your dog eyeing your Taco Bell food as you eat? You know he wants some! But is Taco Bell safe for dogs to eat? Can Taco Bell make a dog sick?
Has your dog eaten Taco Bell? Are you worried Taco Bell will make your dog sick? If so, you’ve come to the right place. We understand it can be scary when your dog eats something like that.
We’ve put together some information about Taco Bell and whether it can make a dog sick. Let’s get started!
What is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell is a fast-food chain based in the US. The restaurant originally started in Irvine, California, back in 1962! The founder of the chain was Glen Bell. Today, Taco Bell is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. The chain serves a variety of foods inspired by Mexico (but not traditional Mexican foods). You can order burritos, tacos, quesadillas, and more!
The chain’s food is a bit on the spicy side. While the food is enjoyed by humans, what about dogs? Can dogs eat Taco Bell?
Taco Bell & Dogs
Unfortunately, dogs should not eat Taco Bell foods. The reason is the food is too spicy for dogs, and it contains ingredients that are toxic for dogs. For instance, dogs are not able to eat garlic or onions; both are extremely toxic for dogs. They also use chilis, which are also not safe for dogs.
In addition, the foods may contain cheese. Some dogs are lactose intolerant, and their bodies are unable to metabolize cheese.
Another potential issue is food contains high amounts of fat. Too much fat can cause pancreatitis in dogs, which can be deadly if not treated.
So, Taco Bell really isn’t good for dogs to eat.
Symptoms of Taco Bell Ingestion in Dogs
Dogs who eat Taco Bell may show the following symptoms:
- Pawing of the mouth
- Excessive drooling
If you notice these symptoms in your dog, it’s best to call the vet. Your dog may need to be treated in case the food he ate was spicy, contained onions & garlic, and more.
Accidents do happen, and dogs have been known to help themselves. So, if you eat Taco Bell, be sure to keep the food out of your dog’s reach! You’ll both be glad you did!