My Dog Ate Quikstrike Fly Bait What Should I Do?
Has your dog eaten some Quikstrike fly bait? Are you worried the Quikstrike fly bait will make your dog sick? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. We know it’s scary when your dog eats something he shouldn’t.
In this article, we’ll take a look at Quikstrike fly bait and whether or not it can make a dog sick. Let’s get started!
What is Quikstrike Fly Bait?
Quikstrike fly bait is a fast-acting solution for professional house fly control. The bait works to control pesty flies and keeps them from becoming resistant to the bait. The fly bait attracts and kills house flies, and it can be used in commercial premises and in rural areas.
The fly bait contains dinotefuran and (z)-9-tricosene. Dinotefuran is an insecticide that controls many different kinds of insects, including flies. This chemical works by disrupting the insect’s nervous system. (Z)-9-tricosene is an insect pheromone that’s used to attract flies.
It’s interesting to note that dinotefuran is also used in some flea and tick preventives for dogs. But what happens if a dog eats Quikstrike fly bait?
Quikstrike Fly Bait & Dogs
Quikstrike fly bait can be toxic to dogs; however, the level of toxicity depends on the dog’s size and weight and how much of the fly bait he’s eaten.
Symptoms of Quikstrike Fly Bait Ingestion in Dogs
You may notice these symptoms if your dog has eaten Quikstrike fly bait:
- Excessive salivation
- Heart issues
If you know or suspect that your dog has eaten Quikstrike fly bait, then call the vet immediately. This may be an emergency.
Treatment of Quikstrike Fly Bait Poisoning in Dogs
At the vet’s, they will perform a complete physical exam of your dog. This may include lab work and other tests. The vet may choose to try to induce vomiting or use activated charcoal to remove the poison from your dog’s system.
Other symptoms will be treated as they arise. Your fur baby may require an IV for fluids and to administer medications as needed.
The dog’s prognosis depends on how soon he receives treatment after ingesting the poison. This means it’s crucial to get your fur baby to the vet as soon as possible after he’s eaten Quikstrike Fly Bait. Symptoms can set in as soon as 15 minutes after ingestion.
So, the sooner a dog receives treatment, the better his chances for making a complete recovery.