My Dog Ate Kinder Bueno Will He Get Sick?

Reviewed By Kyoko •  Updated: 03/15/21 •  3 min read
Dog Severe Toxicity Level
The contents of the OurFitPets.com website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this site (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding the medical condition of your pet. Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase this item or service, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain our own.

Has your dog eaten a Kinder Bueno? Are you worried the Kinder Bueno could make your dog sick? If so, then you’ve come to the right place.

Online Veterinary 24/7
Chat With A Veterinarian Online

Connect with a verified veterinarian in minutes. Licensed vets are available 24/7 to answer your questions. No need to worry about your furry family member.

In this article, we’ll take a look at the Kinder Bueno, what it is, and whether or not it could make your dog sick.

What is a Kinder Bueno?

The Kinder Bueno is a chocolate bar, which contains a hazelnut filling covered with milk chocolate. The chocolate bars are made by the Italian company Ferrero and are part of the Kinder chocolate brand.

As far as ingredients go, the bar contains:

It is strongly recommended to contact a Pet Poison Helpline or your veterinarian.

While humans enjoy these chocolate bars, what happens if a dog eats a Kinder Bueno? Will the Kinder Bueno make a dog sick?

Kinder Buenos & Dogs

The answer is that Kinder Buenos could make a dog sick. The reason is the chocolate contained in the bar. While it is made with milk chocolate, this is still enough to make a dog sick.

Chocolate Toxic to Dogs

Chocolate is a known toxin for dogs. The reason is that chocolate contains theobromine, which is very dangerous for dogs. Unlike us, dogs are not able to metabolize theobromine.

Symptoms of Chocolate Toxicity in Dogs

You may notice these symptoms if your dog has eaten a Kinder Bueno bar:

If your dog is showing any of these symptoms, then call the vet immediately. This could be a life-threatening medical emergency.

Treatment of Chocolate Toxicity in Dogs

When you reach the vet’s, they will perform a complete physical of your dog. This will include lab work and other tests. There is no antidote for chocolate toxicity, so the vet will need to treat your dog using supportive measures.

These may include the use of activated charcoal or inducing vomiting. These measures are used to help rid the body of the toxin. Your fur baby will also need an IV, which can be used to rehydrate him with fluids, as well as administer medications to treat symptoms.

Your canine companion may need to stay in the hospital for a day or so, depending on the severity of his symptoms. The good news is that dogs who receive prompt medical care usually make a full recovery after chocolate poisoning.

(Visited 2,614 times, 1 visits today)
Online Veterinary 24/7
Chat With A Veterinarian Online

Connect with a verified veterinarian in minutes. Licensed vets are available 24/7 to answer your questions. No need to worry about your furry family member.

Kyoko

Kyoko is from a family of 3 and moved to New York with her parents and siblings when she was 13. Kyoko is fond of spending a great amount of time with pets, specifically her beagle Luna and cat Missy. Her boyfriend often complains that she spends too much time giving attention to their animals. Kyoko has written dozens of articles concerning pets and is aiming at owning a pet shop one day!

Keep Reading