My Dog Ate Gorilla Glue What Should I Do?

By Tom •  Updated: 10/24/21 •  3 min read
The contents of the OurFitPets.com website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this site (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding the medical condition of your pet. Never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase this item or service, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain our own.

Dog Ate Gorilla Glue

Online Veterinary 24/7
Chat With A Veterinarian Online

Connect with a verified veterinarian in minutes. No waiting for appointments or office hours. No high fees. No need to worry about your furry family member.

Do you use Gorilla Glue around the house? This is a very popular glue that can be used for a wide variety of purposes. But what happens if a dog eats Gorilla Glue? Can Gorilla Glue make a dog sick?

Has your dog eaten Gorilla Glue? Are you worried that Gorilla Glue will make your dog sick? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. We understand it can be scary when a dog eats something he shouldn’t.

In this article, we’ll take a look at Gorilla Glue and whether or not it can make a dog sick. Let’s get started!

What is Gorilla Glue?

Gorilla Glue is a brand of glue that is made of polyurethane adhesive. Originally marketed to woodworkers, the glue eventually began to be sold to the public.

Gorilla Glue can work on foam, metal, wood, stone, glass, and other types of materials. After it’s applied, the glue expands a little bit as it dries.

When used properly, Gorilla Glue is considered a safe product. However, what happens if a dog eats Gorilla Glue? Can Gorilla Glue make a dog sick?

Gorilla Glue & Dogs

Gorilla Glue can be extremely dangerous to dogs if ingested in liquid form. This is because the glue can expand and harden in the stomach, creating an intestinal blockage. The glue is meant to expand when it comes in contact with a liquid. This is precisely what happens inside a dog’s stomach. The glue comes into contact with the liquids in the stomach, then hardens and expands.

It may only take a few minutes for the Gorilla glue to expand and harden in a dog’s stomach. This is why the product is so dangerous if eaten. If a large amount of the glue is eaten, the glue can expand to almost completely fill the dog’s stomach. This material then can’t be vomited up. It can only be removed through surgery.

Symptoms of Gorilla Glue Ingestion in Dogs

You may notice these symptoms if your dog has eaten Gorilla Glue:

If you notice these symptoms in your dog, then call the vet immediately. This is an emergency.

Also, if you have seen your dog eating Gorilla Glue or know he’s eaten some, then call the vet right away. Don’t wait for symptoms to start. It can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 20 hours after ingestion for symptoms to begin. Instead, call the vet right away before your dog has symptoms.

It’s possible your dog may require emergency abdominal surgery to remove the expanded, hardened Gorilla Glue.

The prognosis is best for dogs who receive fast medical treatment after ingesting Gorilla Glue!

(Visited 131 times, 1 visits today)
Online Veterinary 24/7
Chat With A Veterinarian Online

Connect with a verified veterinarian in minutes. No waiting for appointments or office hours. No high fees. No need to worry about your furry family member.

Tom

Tom has always loved to write since he was little - he wanted to be either a writer or a veterinary doctor, but he ended up being a professional writer while most of his works are based on animals. He was born in San Francisco but later moved to Texas to continue his job as a writer. He graduated from the University of San Francisco where he studied biotechnology. He is happily married and a soon to be father!

Keep Reading