My Dog Ate an Aero Bar Will He Get Sick?
Do you enjoy Nestle Aero bars once in a while? Many people love the taste of the original bar, which is made of milk chocolate. Who doesn’t love the taste of milk chocolate? It melts in your mouth. In fact, the Aero bars are said to melt slowly and great a lighter taste of chocolate than other bars.
But what happens if your dog eats an original Aero bar? Will the Aero bar make your dog sick?
What is an Aero Bar?Check Price on Amazon
Aero bars are made of delicious milk chocolate that’s filled with light bubbles of air. The bars are made by filling each one with air bubbles, covered by a chocolate coating. Many people enjoy the chocolaty flavor that doesn’t overwhelm due to the “honeycomb” insides, which makes the chocolate no so overwhelming.
The ingredients made for these bars include:
- Dried whole milk
- Cocoa mass
- Cocoa butter
- Whole cow’s milk powder
- Milk fat
- Skimmed cow’s milk
- Emulsifier (Sunflower Lecithin)
- Flavoring (natural vanilla extract)
Ingredients in Aero Bar are Problematic for DogsCheck Price on Amazon
As you can see from the ingredient list, some are a problem for dogs. For instance, sugar can cause weight gain, obesity, lead to diabetes, cause tooth decay, lead to heart issues, arthritis, and more. That’s just one ingredient that’s not good for dogs.
Other ingredients that can cause problems are milk products. Some dogs are lactose intolerant, while others are even allergic to dairy products.
Finally, we have the chocolate. Chocolate is toxic for dogs. This is because it contains theobromine and caffeine. Both substances can act as a diuretic, heart stimulant, blood vessel dilator, and act as a smooth muscle relaxer. Dogs just aren’t able to metabolize theobromine and caffeine.
When it comes to an Aero bar, the good news is that the 41-gram regular Aero bar is made with milk chocolate. This form of chocolate isn’t as toxic as dark chocolate. Plus, the Aero bar is filled with air, which means it contains less chocolate than a normal chocolate bar.
What if my Dog Eats an Aero Bar?
As noted above, the good news that the amount of chocolate in an Aero bar isn’t as high as other chocolate bars. And the bars are made with milk chocolate. What does this mean for your dog? Chances are he will not be poisoned by the bar, in most cases.
If you have a smaller dog, then there’s a chance they could suffer the effects of chocolate poisoning. However, the risk is lower for medium and large dogs.
Most dogs may end up with some diarrhea and vomiting after eating an Aero bar. So, you may want to call your vet as soon as you find your dog has eaten the bar. Your vet will have the best advice on the next steps on how to handle the situation.