Best Types of Goldendoodle Haircuts
Do you want to give your Goldendoodle its first haircut? That is a step in the right direction because the puppy needs to be good-looking at all times.
Now, you have to consider some of the best types of doodle style ideas that will fit your dog. In case you are not sure of the best hairstyle to give to your Goldendoodle or you have many options before you; there is no need to bother.
In this article, we will let you know some of the Goldendoodle haircut styles that will not only make your dog cute but will also make you swoon over your dog any time, any day.
Goldendoodle First Haircut
Except you are too excited to see what your Goldendoodle looks like without much hair, the first thing you want to do is to understand the best time to cuts its hair.
By and large, you should take your Goldendoodle between 6 months and 1 year. That is the best time for Goldendoodle’s first haircut.
Also, note that some important factors need to be considered here so the first haircut will create an opening for hitch-free grooming.
First, you have to be sure that the puppy isn’t matted within the age bracket of 6 months and a year. If it isn’t matted, you will be in a better position to take the puppy to the groomer for the first haircut.
Second, you shouldn’t hesitate to take your Goldendoodle within the aforementioned age brackets (6 months and 1 year). The idea is that the earlier you take your puppy to the groomer (provided it isn’t matted), the easier it becomes for the puppy to get used to the grooming procedures.
Last but not least is that you need to get specific parts of your puppy’s body groomed. Those parts include:
- Potty area
- Face and
Doodle Style Ideas
Now, let us look at some of the Goldendoodle haircut ideas that you want to inspire the groomer with when you want to give your Goldendoodle the first haircut.
1. Goldendoodle Mohawk Hairstyle
Do you remember how bold you felt when you styled a Mohawk haircut? Such a hairstyle makes you feel on top of the world.
Well, Goldendoodles are daring puppies, and if you want them to maintain the same energy when they mature into a dog; you need to embolden them with a hairstyle.
Mohawk is one of the best Goldendoodle haircuts you can find out there. It is not only mature in the real sense of the world. This doodle style idea also costs you a few dollars to maintain.
Why Mohawk is Good for Your Goldendoodle
Do you want to know if styling your Goldendoodle with Mohawk is wise? Here are some of the features/characteristics of a Goldendoodle Mohawk hairstyle:
- You can inspire the groomer to style the hair long down the body to the tail of your Goldendoodle.
- A Mohawk doodle hairstyle is easier to style because it is more of a Goldendoodle Teddy Bear Cut with the exception that this style has some hair on the top.
- You can vary the style by leaving long hair on the top and short hair everywhere else.
2. Goldendoodle Teddy Bear Cut
This is one of the most popular doodle style ideas. There are varieties of ways that a Goldendoodle groomer can style this hair for your puppy.
On the one hand, you can let the groomer to cut the hair down to 3/4 inch. This is ideal if you don’t want to be a regular face at the groomers.
On the other hand, you want to style your Goldendoodle with the standard Goldendoodle Teddy Bear Cut of all-around short hair of 2 inches in length.
Why Goldendoodle Teddy Bear Cut is Best for Your Puppy
Here are some of the features that make Goldendoodle Teddy Bear Cut an ideal first haircut style for your puppy:
- This doodle style gives your Goldendoodle a smooth and fluffy look.
- You rest assured that your Goldendoodle’s hair will be evenly shaved.
- It is easier to prevent matted curly hair when you style your Goldendoodle with a Teddy Bear Cut.
3. Doodle Poodle
There is a twist here – some Goldendoodle owners argue that it doesn’t make sense to style a doodle’s hair with a Doodle Poodle hairstyle. They argue that this hairstyle is best for Poodles.
However, it doesn’t change the fact that the hairstyle looks good on Goldendoodles too. And for argument’s sake – Goldendoodles are a result of a cross between a Standard Poodle and a Golden Retriever. So, some hairstyles that look good on Poodles can suffice for standard Goldendoodles too.
Features of Doodle Poodle
This doodle hairstyle is also called the “They Poodled my Doodle Haircut.” Here are some of its characteristics:
- It has a variety of styles for you to choose from.
- After grooming, your Goldendoodle tends to have a thick and fluffy appearance on the ears, tail, and legs.
4. Doodle Summer Cut
If you want to start things all over again, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to style your Goldendoodle with the Doodle Summer Cut. This is by far, one of the most popular doodle hairstyles because it takes away the signature doodle style in the sense that the hair is generally clipped short.
That notwithstanding, here are a couple of things you will like about the Doodle Summer Cut:
- The beautiful physique of your Goldendoodle is further accentuated by this Doodle haircut idea.
- Your Goldendoodle wouldn’t be irritated during summer because this is the ideal haircut that keeps its pup comfortable and cool even under the hot weather.
Goldendoodle Hair Care
It is one thing to find out the best Goldendoodle style guide that will make your Doodle look more presenting.
It is another thing to take proper care of your puppy so the hair doesn’t go out of style.
Here are some Goldendoodle hair care tips to help you maintain your puppy for as long as you can:
- Regularly brush your Goldendoodle’s hair to prevent the tight ringlets covering the body from becoming matted.
- Consider brushing and combing your pup’s coat to remove shedding hair.
- It wouldn’t be a bad idea to make regular trips (if you can afford it) to the grooming salon.
- Bathe your Goldendoodle at least once a month. Try as much as you can to prevent frequent bathing because that can cause the puppy’s skin to dry out, thereby causing itching.
No matter the Goldendoodle hair types your Doodle has, you can always find a Goldendoodle haircut to swoon over. And when you do, ensure that the groomer does a great job.
You also have to be ready to foot the bills because Goldendoodles are high-maintenance dog breeds that need professional grooming at least every 8 to 12 weeks.
Which Doodle style ideas do you prefer to style your Goldendoodle with?