The 10 Best Veterinary Schools and Programs in the US
Spending time with animals is beautiful. Their honesty and kind energy are unlike anything else. It’s no wonder you’re thinking about becoming a veterinarian.
If you’re looking for a veterinary school or program in the US, but can’t quite decide where to go, we’re here to help. Here’s a list of the 10 best vet schools you can find. Keep reading to find your perfect fit.
1. UC Davis, University of California
One of the best vet schools in the US is at UC Davis’ Veterinary Medicine. They offer their students:
- education in five different departments
- access to labs and research centers
- preparation for starting a vet career
It’s one of the best paths to becoming a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
2. Penn Vet, University of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania offers top-notch graduate and MSc programs in Animal Welfare & Behavior. They’re known for the mentorship they provide to each student. You can find the best online coursework help online, in case you need extra help. They also provide research and contribution to science opportunities.
3. College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University
At this college, students are offered a highly hands-on approach to education. They gain practical knowledge from day one. They offer the following programs:
- combined degree
They also have supplemental and continuing education programs.
4. The NC State College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University
According to this college, it’s a place where “compassion meets science”. They’re not just focused on providing education. They also help their students be innovative, curious, and make discoveries of their own.
They offer several programs you could easily find your place in.
5. College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University
This college is not just about helping animals, but also helping people and the environment. Students can get a degree in Biomedical Sciences, Environmental and Radiological Health Sciences, and Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology.
6. College of Veterinary Medicine, Ohio State University
With departments such as Veterinary Biosciences, Veterinary Clinical Sciences, and Veterinary Preventive Medicine, you’ll have plenty to choose from. In case you need any help once you become a vet student there, this coursework help service can be a great assistant. You can find a detailed layout of all programs and courses on the school’s website.
7. College of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University
At Purdue College of Vet Medicine, you can choose between three departments:
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Comparative Pathobiology
- Veterinary Clinical Sciences
You can also join research programs and alumni associations.
8. School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin
The School of Veterinary Medicine offers two programs:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree Program
- Comparative Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program
They have specialized labs and research programs.
9. Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University
This 100-year-old college is focused on teaching, research, and mentorship. Explore their 5 departments to see what might fit your interests and professional aspirations best.
10. College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota
Finally, this college is aimed at innovation and discovery in the field of vet medicine. They’re dedicated to improving the health of both animals and people and offer education in three departments: Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Veterinary Clinical Sciences, and Veterinary Population Medicine.
If you’re looking for the best educational institutions to help you become a veterinarian-look no further. The list above classifies the best vet schools and programs you can currently attend in the US.