50 Famous Cats Names from Disney Movies
Are you looking for good names for your new kitten or adult cat? Do you enjoy Disney movies and cartoons? Then you’ve come the right place—perhaps a Disney cat name would be the purrrfect choice for your new kitty!
Choosing a Disney Name
When choosing a Disney name for your precious ball of fur, you’ll want to consider her personality, maybe be inspired by her markings and coloring, etc. Does your cat remind you of Disney characters in some way? You’ll have a wide variety of names available from Disney—for boy or girl cats!
Cat Name Disney Movie
What about a cat name inspired by a Disney movie? Disney has many movies to choose from. Let’s take a look!
This Disney animated movie features a puppet who longs to become a real boy! The puppet’s name is Pinocchio. He lives with a cobbler named Geppetto (who always longed for a son), who created Pinocchio from wood. Additional character name ideas include:
- Monstro: a whale in the tale who swallows some of the characters during the movie. He’s not a very nice whale in the story.
- Jiminy Cricket: the magical cricket who helps Pinocchio throughout the movie. He works to keep Pinocchio out of trouble, but is not always successful. In fact, he acts as Pinocchio’s conscience—wouldn’t you like a cute little conscience like Jiminy?
- Blue Fairy: another major characters and one of the only female characters in the story. She grants Pinocchio the gift of life and allows him to choose whether or not he’ll become a real boy.
- Figaro: is a Tuxedo Cat owned by Gepetto. In the movie, Figaro makes Pinocchio (who’s still a puppet at that point) dance, but he eventually becomes frustrated and kicks the puppet from behind. However, when Pinocchio becomes a real boy, Figaro is happy to accept him as a friend.
DumboCheck Price on Amazon
This movies revolves around a young circus elephant who was born with gigantic ears. He’s given the cruel nickname of “Dumbo” because of his overly large ears. Dumbo encounters some problems throughout the movie that are mostly caused by his ears, after which the circus makes the poor little elephant dress up as a clown. Some famous characters include:
- Dumbo: the cute little elephant with big ears. Later in the movie, Dumbo learns how to use his extremely large ears to fly!
- Jumbo: is Dumbo’s mother and is locked up when she’s enraged by all the teasing Dumbo receives for his ears. She’s later released when Dumbo becomes famous for flying with his ears. She and Dumbo are given a private car and better treatment after Dumbo’s turnaround.
- Casey Junior: is a small locomotive in the movie that works to haul the circus from place to place.
- Claude and Lolly: are adorable twin bears who are rather chaotic friends of Dumbo.
- Godfry: a hippo who is also one of Dumbo’s circus friends (he’s actually from Dumbo II).
The Three Caballeros
This animated musical that premiered in Mexico City. The animated film follows three friends on their adventures through Latin America. The main characters for this film include:
- Donald Duck: he’s a rather hot-headed duck who famously gets himself into lots of trouble! Does this sound like your cat?
- José Carioca: is a Brazilian parrot from Rio de Janeiro, and is one of Donald Duck’s friends. He’s considered to be a rather suave, cool character and lady’s man. This might be a great name for a cat who thinks he’s quite the lady’s man!
- Panchito Pistoles: is another friend of Donald Duck’s in the movie. He comes from Mexico and he has a horse named Seňior Martinez. He’s very upbeat and friendly, and loves to have fun! He’s covered in red features and has white on his hands and upper arms. Does this sound like your girl or boy cat?
- Aracuan Bird: this funny, tropical bird is from South America. He’s quite an eccentric character who has a very high-pitched voice. The bird doesn’t have a speaking part in the movie, but he does make sounds. His plumage is a pretty pink and he also has red hair, with a yellow beak, red tail and yellow legs. This might make a great name for a multi-colored kitty!
Cat’s Name in Disney’s CinderellaCheck Price on Amazon
Another famous Disney movie is Cinderella and it’s filled with Disney cat name ideas! In the movie, a girl named Cinderalla ends up living with her step-mother and step-sisters after the death of her father. The evil step-mother makes Cinderella into a servant and makes sure the girl is busy with chores from before sun-up to after sun-down. Over the course of the movie, there is a ball sponsored by the king and queen to help their son, the prince, find a wife. The evil step-mother and her daughters are invited to the ball, but Cinderella’s forced to stay home. Cinderella’s fairy god mother makes an appearance and creates a beautiful dress, glass slippers, a coach and horses all from magic, to help the girl attend the ball. There’s a happy ending, but you’ll have to watch the movie to find out how it ends!
Some famous characters that might make great names for your kitty include:
- Cinderella: the girl whose fairy god mother helps her attend the royal ball. The girl has a strong, but loving and caring personality. She manages to find joy in the midst of her troubles, but ends up having a very happy life.
- Prince Charming: the handsome prince who searches the kingdom for the girl who lost her glass slipper. He is in fact very charming and handsome. He fair skin, with dark brown hair and brown eyes. He’s not interested in marrying anyone, until he falls for Cinderella at the royal ball.
- Lucifer: is a not-so-nice black cat owned by Cinderella’s stepmother, Lady Tremaine. He’s spoiled and thinks he’s the king of the house. He loves to chase the mice, who are friends of Cinderella. Lucifer is not very nice to Cinderella and often get her into trouble. Does this sound like your fur baby?
- Lady Tremaine: is not a very pleasant character who’s very jealous of the love between Cinderella and her husband (who is Cinderella’s father). She’s a very mean stepmother. In addition, this lady is always looking for ways to raise to a higher social status and find noblemen to marry her daughter.
Disney Aristocats Cat Names
Another famous movie from Disney is the Aristocats! This is a movie just filled with cats, so you may get lucky and find your kitty’s name here!
- Marie: is one of the major characters in this film, who things she’s quite a lady. She strives to be both elegant, though in reality she’s spoiled and likes to tell her on brothers. She’s a pretty white cat with white eyes, who wears a large pink bow. Does your girl cat believe she’s elegant? Maybe this would be a great name for her, especially if she’s white with blue eyes.
- Thomas O’Malley: is a cat who has street smarts and who loves his freedom, with no rules or responsibilities. He falls in love with Duchess and her kittens, becoming responsible and protective for this little family.
- Toulouse: another major character in the Aristocats, he’s an orange kitten and the oldest child of Duchess. He’s a brother to Marie and Berlioz. He wants to meet tough alley cats and likes to appear tough. Toulouse likes to puff up and tries to hiss when he wants to appear tough.
- Duchess: is a purebred white Turkish Angora cat, with blue eyes. She wears a golden collar that includes diamonds. She’s quite elegant, ladylike and beautiful. Duchess belongs to Madame Adelaide, who is herself an aristocrat. In spite of her elegance, Duchess is very loving, caring, sweet and compassionate. She’s also a very good mother and eventually falls in love with Thomas O’Malley.
Disney Cat Names from MoviesCheck Price on Amazon
We’re not done yet! We have more name ideas for names for your kitty inspired by Disney movies! In the next lists, we’ll take a look at boy cat names and then girl cat names—all based on famous Disney characters.
Famous Disney Names for Boy Cats
Here are some names that might be a good fit for your boy cat:
Famous Disney Names for Girl Cats
Here are some names that might make a good choice for your little girl kitty—all inspired by Disney movie characters:
How to Choose a Name for Your CatCheck Price on Amazon
Cats can be finicky critters and some are even persnickety about their names. So, how can you find the right name for your cat, one that he/she will acknowledge and respond to? Here are some tips to keep in mind when choosing your kitty’s Disney name:
1). Color: perhaps your cat or kitten has a distinctive, pretty color. This may be the inspiration for her name! Look for Disney characters that have similar colorings—this might be the perfect name for your cat.
2). Personality: another idea is to choose a Disney character with a personality that matches your cat. Is your cat like Lucifer and enjoys getting others into trouble? Or maybe she’s more like Duchess, elegant and caring.
3). Gender: you can also choose a Disney character name that matches your kitty’s gender. For example, if you have a boy cat, names like Thomas O’Malley, Aladdin or Jiminy Cricket might make great choices. For girl cats, you could choose names such as Ariel, Cinderella or even Snow White.
Take your time to choose just the right name for your cat. It may help to get to know your new cat or kitten by observing their behavior, how she plays, etc. Be sure to keep your cat’s name short, as complicated names are difficult for cats to recognize. Once you’ve chosen a name, then it’s time to see if your cat likes her new name. If she responds, that’s great! If not, then you’ll have to work on finding another name she prefers. When you’ve both agreed on the new name, then be sure to repeat your cat’s name often. Use her name when you feed and play with her, during snuggle time, etc. She’ll soon become familiar with her name and may even come when you call!
We hope this article has helped you find just the right Disney character name for your new cat or kitten! We wish you both all the best!